Most who start dropshipping always wondering if dropshipping is still profitable today in 2020? In the below article I will answer all your questions and prove why dropshipping still a profitable business. Let’s start!
Of course, dropshipping will still profitable in 2020 and even in 2022 as well. Especially, for beginners in dropshipping has the couscous mind and think practically in working hard to build long-term and real business rather than make a quick money store.
What Is Dropshipping and Why Do People Do It, is dropshipping still profitable?
I will explain what is the dropshipping business:
- First, You got an online store where you sell products, but you don’t have any of these products in your store or your house.
- Secondly, If anyone places an order on your dropshipping store, then you move these orders to your dropshipping supplier. this can be done automatically by some apps. Such as Oberlo, or these 15 Oberlo alternatives.
- Thirdly, in that case, all the rest of the process will be on the charge of your supplier. Start from preparing the product to shipping it to your customer.
- Next, now the product will be in your customer’s hands with even you touch it.
Why are People Interested in Dropshipping?
For all who questioned about dropshipping or who are starting managing dropshipping store, these are the reason to start dropshipping :
- Making money: for sure, dropshipping gives you the chance to earn a lot of money and there is a lot of success stores that can prove that.
- Having their own business and Being their boss: a lot of people hate to be ordered and don’t like to work for a manager, therefore they seek for a way to build their own business.
- Location-independent work: the most amazing that you can manage your own dropshipping from your house setting on your sofa just with a connection of the internet. So you can communicate with your customers easily. This is also called being a Digital Nomad.
Is Dropshipping Still Alive in 2020? Are People Still Using This Business?
Google Trends are the best way by checking if dropshipping still profitable and alive.
This way, we can check if people are still Googling the term “dropshipping”
This is what Google Trends gives for the United States for the past 5 years
and Worldwide for the past 5 years:
I think you can easily notice that dropshipping still popular
Is Dropshipping Full in 2020?
A lot of people talk about how dropshipping is full. A balanced saying: they are partly right.
As mentioned in Google Trend image. It shows that dropshipping is very popular and a lot of people know it. It’s desirable because it’s the easiest business you can earn money from.
Let’s suppose! What’s the result will be when most people start dropshipping and have their stores. Although most of them just open their stores and got relax without making any efforts. In this case, I consider them to choose the easiest and shortest way of failure.
The reasons behind that are:
- If the most start their dropshipping that doesn’t mean that they will succeed and the field is saturated.
- The effect of gurus and easy money for earning internet courses.…
Let me burst those dreams for you; I’m sorry…
A lot of so-called “gurus” talk about this, They got a course (and most are not even that cheap! Maybe you should buy their course and follow them step-by-step to get rich!
OMG ….. Please don’t!
How to Make Your Dropshipping Store Profitable in 2020?
Let’s talk about how to stand special from the other dropshipping stores and not to fall in the saturated dropshipping store. The best is to keep treating your dropshipping store like a real business to be able to fulfill success.
Before this, people could just open a Shopify store, put some trending products in it that are not sold in retail stores (so they have that “wow I never saw that before” factor) and boom they made sales and probably profit as well!
Below is an example of a “wow” factor product:
Follow Me Below on 5 Things That You Need to Keep in Mind to Make Your Dropshipping Store Profitable in 2020!
1- Have The Right Mindset:
As I mentioned, Keep aware. you can learn the dropshipping step by step for free and be careful of talkative “gurus”.
Change your mindset to a practical one when you manage to a real business
You should be patient and start from working on helping your customers have the best services and experience when they do online shopping. If you do, the time of making and earning money defiantly will come.
So, your highest priority will be your customer’s satisfaction nit your pocket. Try to offer quality rather than quantity. Try to spend more time and spare more effort. It won’t be enough to open your store and import the products with advertisements without any kind of uniqueness.
2- Be Unique:
This is for you in case you’re not yet impressed on why being unique and “taking it slow” is better than opening a dropshipping store in a few hours and looking like 70% of all the other dropshipping stores out there.
The uniqueness lies in creating your products, designing your images, and choosing the best suppliers. That can lead to a real and successful store then you can make money.
If you don’t do that and don’t put any effort into their dropshipping store. Your store will be a new copy of other stores. That causes a lot of stores and you are selling the same products with the same information they got from maybe even the same dropshipping suppliers. Of course, having the same product is not a bad thing yet, but to also have the same images, descriptions, and so on will not help you grow your dropshipping store!
3- Think About Your Customers:
The most important thing to pay attention to is offering the best services and experience to your customers in your dropshipping store.
Keep searching and thinking of your customers’ needs and make sure that they are happy and satisfied with your services. That defiantly keeps your store alive as well! Keep yourself away from bad and negative reviews!
You will see what will happen with your review or Facebook page after giving bad customer service to your customers.
4- Build A brand:
The brand is the king!
Branding a dropshipping store allows you to create a long-term eCommerce store. Branding is also great to increase the percentage of customers returning to your store. The opportunity of a branded dropshipping store is great in 2020 because not everyone wants to put this amount of time into their business